Good Shepherd Baptist Church
The History of Good Shepherd Baptist Church began in 1979 when Pastor and Mrs. Delbert Howell came to Henry to begin the Bible Baptist Church. Pastor Howell was the first Pastor and remained in Henry until 1982.
From 1982-1985 Coy Leach became the Pastor. The church bought the former Methodist church on Third Street in Henry and had services there for many years.
From 1985 to November 1998 Charles Leach the son of Coy Leach became the pastor. In 1993 under Pastor Leach's ministry the church purchased 6-3/4 acres of property, on the edge of town, at 1376 County Road 1350 N. A new building was built in 1993.
In September 2000 Richard Nelson was called as pastor and is still faithful in God's work.
In 2000 the church name was changed to Good Shepherd Baptist Church.
In May of 2007 Jon Pust was called to be the assistant Pastor. Pastor Pust became senior pastor January 1,2009.
June 1, 2012 Pastor Pust resigned as pastor. He and his family moved and started a new church in Williston, SD.
October 16,2012 the church voted unanimously to have Pastor Richard Nelson as pastor and Micah Potter as assistant pastor.
February 9,2014 the church voted unanimously to call Pastor James Clark to be pastor of the church. He accepted the call and become Pastor March 2,2014.
July 2014 the church voted unanimously to call Pastor Glenn Foster to be the pastor of the church. He accepted the call and became Pastor on August 3,2014.